break the cycle of human trafficking in Sheboygan County through prevention and support resources
Human trafficking is modern day slavery. Traffickers trap victims in servitude and exploitation through force, fraud, or coercion. Trafficking even happens here in America. Seeing the need to fight this evil in our own backyard, we decided to take action.
Freedom Cry assists human trafficking survivors on their journey of healing.
- Restoration Bags - We provide survivors with restoration bags containing new clothing, toiletries, and comfort items. Bags are distributed to survivors via the Sheboygan Police Department and other organizations.
- Trial Process - We support justice for survivors by standing in solidarity with them through the trial process and providing them meals.
- Mentoring - A few Freedom Cry volunteers are trained facilitators in the Ending the Game curriculum for survivors of human trafficking. Ending the Game is a "1st of it's kind coercion resiliency curriculum that reduces feelings of attachment to traffickers and/or a lifestyle characterized by commercial sexual exploitation, thereby reducing the rate of recidivism among sex trafficking suvivors."
- Safe Home Resources - We provide survivors with information on safe homes as needed.
Freedom Cry helps prevent human trafficking in our community.
- Community Awareness - We provide human trafficking awareness presentations to the community to encourage prevention.
- Hope's Hearts - We facilitate Hope's Hearts, a community art project in collaboration with the John Michael Kohler Arts Center, created to bring hope, encouragement, and helpful crisis resources to the community to prevent human trafficking.
- Major Sporting Events Outreach- We educate strategic populations in Sheboygan County on trafficking warning signs before major sporting events.
- Surveillance - We monitor strategic locations in Sheboygan County for trafficking activity.
Freedom Cry Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation. Contributions to Freedom Cry Inc. are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law. Our EIN is 81-4395944.